Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Only Tuesday???

Wow, it seems like it should be at least Thursday to me.  I haven't felt the best since Sunday evening but thankfully seem to be getting better now.  I took a look at the site for the New England Stitchers Retreat just a while ago and I am very impressed.  It looks like it would be so much fun.  I asked my mom if she would consider going with me since I have no stitchy friends but I don't think that will happen.  I see you can take a non stitchy friend or spouse but I have no idea what they would do all day.  It looks like such a beautiful and relaxing area.

Speaking of my mom, she taught me to stitch when I was a freshman in high school and I've been doing it ever since.  I remember she would stitch with a friend every other weekend or so and they would drink wine and eat snacks like veggies and dip and crackers and cheese.  When I started stitching I would join them at times (minus the wine :) and it was quite fun.  I wouldn't mind starting that tradition again if I could get my mom to pick up a needle again...she hasn't stitched much for quite some time.  I would love to have friends who shared my cross stitching interests but I think many of us are alone in this from what I've read. 

Well that is about it for me tonight, still a little under the weather so I'm off to bed.  Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. My Mom is who taught me. I've been trying to get her to start again for years. She has even gotten a chart & the supplies but nothing else yet. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got the chart for Mediterranean Mermaid and started it but I don't think she has ever finished it. I am feeling better, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on your own! I went to a retreat on my own and met some lovely people without having to worry if the other person was enjoying themselves or not. At least you know there'll be like-minded people there.
    Alternatively - pay my air-fare and I'll come wth you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about that Jo...going by myself, but I just don't like the idea of traveling alone. I wish I could pay for you to go! haha.

    ReplyDelete